YOSC SOCIAL PROGRAMME
All of our Social Events will take place in the Sandhurst Social Club,
33/35 Wellington Road, Sandhurst, GU47 9AW unless otherwise stated.
CLICK HERE for a map and more details of this location.
1 - All YOSC Members and their guests visiting Sandhurst Social Club are required to SIGN IN on the sheet provided. Failure to do so may result in delays to the start of our events.
2 - Please ensure your mobile phones are turned OFF during the talks.
The 2021 Social Programme:
Whilst Sandhurst Social Club remains closed and the Covid-19 restrictions are in place as noted below, we will be arranging speakers via Zoom. The first of these is scheduled for 11th January as shown below. We hope that some of our speakers scheduled for 2020 will be able to return to us in 2021 and a provisional programme can be set but this is dependant on the Covid-19 Regulations. Further details will be announced here from time to time when details are available..
- 11 January - A Snapshot of the Portsmouth Queen’s Harbour Master Department - “with a small boat perspective slant” presented by Rebecca Walford, Port Safety Officer Assistant. CLICK HERE for a flyer with more details.
If you missed Rebecca’s PowerPoint presentation CLICK HERE to download her slides.
Rebecca has sent us “A Small Craft Guide to Portsmouth Harbour and its Approaches” - CLICK HERE to download
- 23 October - 30th Anniversary Dinner - at The Elvethham Hotel, Hartley Wintney RG27 8AS. CLICK HERE for more info.
YOSC Social and Sailing Programmes 2021
Unfortunately we cannot meet socially as a club until the COVID-19 situation changes.
We are hoping to invite speakers via ZOOM Meetings and to encourage our Members to communicate with each other via ZOOM meetings as noted below, via our Facebook Group (see About Us page for details) and by Email.
Sandhurst Social Club will remain closed until further notice. Futher information on the arrangements for the Club reopening will be posted here when we are advised by SSC Management.
Although SSC is now closed, we will be running a series of ZOOM meetings hosted and moderated by Linda & Alan Fisher.
You will need to install Zoom on your PC, laptop, tablet or phone - guidance notes may be viewed or downloaded from:
The next Meeting will be announced here when details are available..
The 2020 Social Programme:
Due to the impact of the Covid-19 restrictions, the 2020 Social programme as arranged by Sara and Maggie had to be curtailed and we were only able to hold the following events:
- 20 January - The Yachtmaster Examination. YOSC Member, Peter Hart talked about aspects of the Yachtmaser examination and the process of becoming an examiner
- 3 February - Skittles Night at SSC
- 2 March - A life of crime…prevention. Dave Stubbs, TVP Retd. Volunteer at Thames Valley Police Museum talked about his experience of dealing with victims of crime
- 3 August - BBQ at Blackwater Valley Golf Centre. Bistro 19 had been extensively altered to comply with the Covid-19 Regulations
- 9 November - YOSC’s 29th AGM was held as an on-line ZOOM Meeting. See the Members Pages for details.
Audio Visual Equipment at SSC
The Audio Visual equipment is the property of SSC and is available for the use of YOSC during their use of the Meeting Room but is only authorised for use by YOSC Committee Members.
PLEASE RETURN ALL EQUIPMENT TO THE YOSC AUDIO/VISUAL BOX AFTER USE
Further information on the storage, security, contents, setup and operation of the Audio Visual equipment may be found on the
AV Equipment button of the Members Pages including:
- Setup and Operation of the Audio Visual System
- Settings for Stage Line PMX-162 Powered Mixer
- Contents of the Audio Visual Storage Boxes
- Combination lock code
- Combination Lock setting/resetting instructions
CLICK HERE to transfer to the AV Equipment Page
Last updated:18 January 2021