YOSC SOCIAL PROGRAMME
All of our Social Events will take place in the Sandhurst Social Club,
33/35 Wellington Road, Sandhurst, GU47 9AW unless otherwise stated.
CLICK HERE for a map and more details of this location.
1 - All YOSC Members and their guests visiting Sandhurst Social Club are required to SIGN IN on the sheet provided. Failure to do so may result in delays to the start of our events.
2 - Please ensure your mobile phones are turned OFF during the talks.
The 2020 Social Programme:
Sara and Maggie have arranged a very interesting Social Programme for 2020 as shown below. Changes to the programme will be announced here and in the Newsletters from time to time. CLICK HERE for further details of the progamme
All Meetings are at Sandhurst Social Club and start at 20:00 unless otherwise stated.
The last event of the 2019 programme is on 9 December which is the
Christmas Party - Starts 19:30 - CLICK HERE for a flyer with more information
- 6 January - The Voyages of the Liberdade. Mike Austin will present a talk about the events that led to the building of Joshua Slocum’s junk-rigged dory, Liberdade, in southern Brazil. CLICK HERE for a flyer with motre information
- 3 February - Skittles Night
- 2 March - A life of crime…prevention. Dave Stubbs, TVP Retd. Volunteer at Thames Valley Police Museum will talk about his experience of dealing with victims of crime
- 6 April - The Green Blue. A talk by Kate Fortnam of The Green Blue, a joint environment initiative between the RYA and the British Marine
- 4 May - The Marine Accident Investigation Branch (MAIB). Roger Brydges returns to us to present the findings of the second investigation involving the 2017/2018 Clipper race and other cases
- 1 June - The Yachtmaster Examination. YOSC Member, Peter Hart will talk about aspects of the Yachtmaser examination and the process of becoming an examiner
- 6 July - What Sailors should know about weather forecasts. Presented by Bill Taylor, a retired Met Office weather forcaster.
- 3 August - BBQ
- 14 September - Drones- what they are really about and why they are now an indispensable tool. Presented by YOSC Member, Andre Knight a certified drone pilot, instructor and examiner
- 5 October - Nadia's Story. Nick Brazil returns to us this time with a talk about the building and launch of Iain Tolhurst’s yacht, Brazil
- 9 November - Annual General Meeting - YOSC’s 29th AGM
- 14 December - Christmas Party
The 2019 Social Programme:
Sara and Maggie arranged a very interesting Social Programme for 2019 - here is the summary of events
- 7 January - Marine Accident Investigation Branch (MAIB) - Roger Brydges provided a behind-the-scenes look at the world of the UKJ Government’s MAIB with particular emphasis on matters pertaining to sailing and liesure craft
- 4 February - Skittles Evening at SSC
- 4 March - Isle of Wight, England in miniature – a talk by Blue Badge Guide, Graham Horn
- 1 April - Further Life on Charisma – a talk by YOSC Member, Adam Bispham who will bring us up to date with the further voyages that he and Lynne have made in Charisma
- 13 May - Maritime Archaeology in the 21st Century - a talk by Dr Julian Whitewright, Senior Teaching Fellow in Maritime Archaeology at Southampton University.
- 3 June - Stress Free Sailing – a talk by Duncan Wells.
- 15 July - A Balkan Railway Adventure - a talk by Nick Brazil about a round-trip rail journey from Pangbourne to Split via Munich, Ljubljana, and Vienna.
- 19 August - Barbecue at Blackwater Valley Golf Centre
- 16 September - HMS Endeavour - a talk by YOSC Member, Jim Fayers about Captain Cook’s ship and his voyages of discovery
- 7 October - Sailing in Brittany – a talk by YOSC Members Chris Wright/Brian Pickles Pickles.
- 4 November - 27th Annual General Meeting
- 9 December - Christmas Party - Starts 19:30 - CLICK HERE for a flyer with more information
Audio Visual Equipment at SSC
The Audio Visual equipment is the property of SSC and is available for the use of YOSC during their use of the Meeting Room but is only authorised for use by YOSC Committee Members.
PLEASE RETURN ALL EQUIPMENT TO THE YOSC AUDIO/VISUAL BOX AFTER USE
Further information on the storage, security, contents, setup and operation of the Audio Visual equipment may be found on the AV Equipment button of the Members Pages including:
- Setup and Operation of the Audio Visual System
- Settings for Stage Line PMX-162 Powered Mixer
- Contents of the Audio Visual Storage Boxes
- Combination lock code
- Combination Lock setting/resetting instructions
CLICK HERE to transfer to the AV Equipment Page
Last updated: 4 December 2019