YOSC SOCIAL PROGRAMME
All of our Social Events will take place in the Sandhurst Social Club,
33/35 Wellington Road, Sandhurst, GU47 9AW unless otherwise stated.
CLICK HERE for a map and more details of this location.
1 - All YOSC Members and their guests visiting Sandhurst Social Club are required to SIGN IN on the sheet provided. Failure to do so may result in delays to the start of our events.
2 - Please ensure your mobile phones are turned OFF during the talks.
The 2019 Social Programme:
Sara, our new Social Secretary, has taken over the arrangements from Pam for the Social Programme for 2019. Sara jointly with Maggie will be responsible for the implementation and detailed organisation of the programme as shown below which will be amended here and in the Newsletters from time to time.
All Meetings are at Sandhurst Social Club and start at 20:00 unless otherwise stated.
- 7 January - Marine Accident Investigation Branch (MAIB) - Roger Brydges is a lifelong sailor in dinghies and yacts and currently an Inspector of Marine Accidents. Roger will provide a behind-the-scenes look at the world of the UKJ Government’s MAIB with particular emphasis on matters pertaining to sailing and liesure craft.
- 4 February - Skittles Evening at SSC including Fish & Chips or Chicken & Chips CLICK HERE for flyer and more information
- 4 March - Isle of Wight, England in miniature – a talk by Blue Badge Guide, Graham Horn with a return visit to tell us what this fascinating island has to offer. CLICK HERE for a flyer with more details
- 1 April - Further Life on Charisma – a talk by YOSC Member, Adam Bispham who will bring us up to date with the further voyages that he and Lynne have made in Charisma along the coast of France, Spain and Portugal. CLICK HERE for a flyer with more details
- 13 May - UPDATE - Maritime Archaeology in the 21st Century - a talk by Dr Julian Whitewright, Senior Teaching Fellow in Maritime Archaeology at Southampton University. CLICK HERE for a flyer with more information
- 3 June - Stress Free Sailing – a talk by Duncan Wells. CLICK HERE for a flyer with more information
- 15 July - A Balkan Railway Adventure - a talk by Nick Brazil about a round-trip rail journey from Pangbourne to Split via Munich, Ljubljana, and Vienna. CLICK HERE for a flyer with more information
- 19 August - Barbecue at Blackwater Valley Golf Centre
- 2 September - HMS Endeavour - a talk by YOSC Member, Jim Fayers about Captain Cook’s ship and his voyages of discovery and subsequent charting of Australia and New Zealand
- 7 October - Sailing in Brittany – a talk by YOSC Members Chris Wright/Brian Pickles
- 4 November - 27th Annual General Meeting
- 9 December - Christmas Party
The 2018 Social Programme:
Pam arranged a very interesting Social Programme for 2018. In case you have forgotten - here is a brief summary of the events:
- 8 January - Sailing in New England – a talk by Roger Shaw
- 5 February - Skittles Evening - including Fish & Chips or Chicken & Chips
- 5 March - Kilimanjaro – a talk by Graham Horn
- 9 April - Sail Setting - a talk by YOSC Member, Chris Wright
- 14 May- Alaska Adventure – a talk by Major Paul Whittle
- 4 June - Lest We Forget – a talk by YOSC Member, Donal McDonnell about a tour of the WWI battlefields of Flanders and the Somme and the issues that led up to the war.
- 16 July - Yacht Safety - a talk by Jim Crick assisted by his colleague, Simon Dalton.
- 6 August - Barbecue at Blackwater Valley Golf Centre
- 3 September - Secrets of the Solent — a talk by Dr Tim Ferrero of the Hampshire and Isle of Wight Wildlife Trust
- 1 October - UK Coastguard Operations - a talk by Tristam Newey, National Maritime Operations Commander
- 5 November - 27th Annual General Meeting
- 3 December - Christmas Party
Audio Visual Equipment at SSC
The Audio Visual equipment is the property of SSC and is available for the use of YOSC during their use of the Meeting Room but is only authorised for use by YOSC Committee Members.
PLEASE RETURN ALL EQUIPMENT TO THE YOSC AUDIO/VISUAL BOX AFTER USE
For further information and operation notes - click on one of the following links:
Quick Start Guide to the use of microphones and computers
Setup and Operation of the Audio Visual System
Contents of the Audio Visual Storage Boxes
Last updated:13 June 2019