YOSC SOCIAL PROGRAMME
All of our Social Events will take place in the Sandhurst Social Club,
33/35 Wellington Road, Sandhurst, GU47 9AW unless otherwise stated.
CLICK HERE for a map and more details of this location.
1 - All YOSC Members and their guests visiting Sandhurst Social Club are required to SIGN IN on the sheet provided. Failure to do so may result in delays to the start of our events.
2 - Please ensure your mobile phones are turned OFF during the talks.
The 2020 Social Programme:
Due to the impact of the Covid-19 restrictions, the 2020 Social programme as arranged by Sara and Maggie had to be curtailed and we were only able to hold the following events:
- 20 January - The Yachtmaster Examination. YOSC Member, Peter Hart talked about aspects of the Yachtmaser examination and the process of becoming an examiner
- 3 February - Skittles Night at SSC
- 2 March - A life of crime…prevention. Dave Stubbs, TVP Retd. Volunteer at Thames Valley Police Museum talked about his experience of dealing with victims of crime
- 3 August - BBQ at Blackwater Valley Golf Centre. Bistro 19 had been extensively altered to comply with the Covid-19 Regulations
- 9 November - YOSC’s 29th AGM was held as an on-line ZOOM Meeting. See the Members Pages for details.
YOSC Social and Sailing Programmes 2021
The amended 2020 Sailing programme is now finished but unfortunateley we cannot meet socially as a club until the COVID-19 situation changes.
We are encouraging our Members to communicate with each other via the Tuesday night ZOOM meetings as noted below, via our Facebook Group (see About Us page for details) and by Email.
Sandhurst Social Club is currently closed in accordance with the Government’s instructions.
Futher information on SSC reopening will be posted here towards the end of the current Lockdown.
Although SSC is now closed, we will be running a series of ZOOM meetings hosted and moderated by Linda & Alan Fisher.
You will need to install Zoom on your PC, laptop, tablet or phone - guidance notes may be viewed or downloaded from:
The next Meeting is detailed below and further meetings will be announced here from time-to-time.
Alan Fisher is inviting you to a scheduled ZOOM Meeting.
Topic: YOSC Monday Chat
Time: Monday 30th November at 20:30
Join the Zoom Meeting at:
Meeting ID: 870 4628 0925
The 2021 Social Programme:
We hope that some our our speakers scheduled for 2020 will be able to return to us in 2021 and a provisional programme can be set but this is dependant on the Covid-19 Regulations. Further details will be announced here from time to time during 2021.
Audio Visual Equipment at SSC
The Audio Visual equipment is the property of SSC and is available for the use of YOSC during their use of the Meeting Room but is only authorised for use by YOSC Committee Members.
PLEASE RETURN ALL EQUIPMENT TO THE YOSC AUDIO/VISUAL BOX AFTER USE
Further information on the storage, security, contents, setup and operation of the Audio Visual equipment may be found on the
AV Equipment button of the Members Pages including:
- Setup and Operation of the Audio Visual System
- Settings for Stage Line PMX-162 Powered Mixer
- Contents of the Audio Visual Storage Boxes
- Combination lock code
- Combination Lock setting/resetting instructions
CLICK HERE to transfer to the AV Equipment Page
Last updated:26 November 2020