MISCELLANEOUS SAILING INTEREST
These pages contain items of general interest such as: Col Regs, CEVNI Rules, Racing Rules, Flags, Navigation, Maintenance etc. plus a few YOSC Items and some whimsies of my own.
- Accented Characters - Two methods for inserting French accents into Word Documents
- Anchor Tests - Yachting Monthly and Sail Magazine report on 14 anchors subjected to a comprehensive series of tests. See how yours compares
- Beaufort Scale - from "The Art of Coarse Sailing"
- CEVNI Rules - The European Code for Inland Waterways - to be carried if cruising the European rivers and canals
- CEVNI Signs and Signals - summary sheet of the main signs and signals used on European rivers and canals
- CEVNI PowerPoint - YOSC Training Presentation
- Col Regs International Regulations for Preventing Collisions at Sea - 1972 including the November 2003 Amendments
- Col Regs Changes - The January 2016 Amendments
- Dictionary - the fine art of getting wet and becoming ill, while going nowhere slowly at great expense
- Electrical Checks - a Guide to Inspecting Marine Electrical Systems
- Engine Checks - by YOSC's own Marine Diesel Engine "Guru" - Richard Magnay
- Flag Etiquette - the correct way to wear ensigns, courtesy flags, burgees, house flags etc.
- Marine Traffic - showing the position of any vessel fitted wuth AIS
- Phonetic Alphabet - NATO/International and a few from the past
- Portsmouth Yardsticks - handicap ratings for dinghies issued by the RYA
- Racing Rules of Sailing - issued by the ISAF for 2005 to 2008
- Sailing Hints - useful sailing hints, tips, methods, gadgets and dodges
- Solent Waypoints - 140 Waypoint from Nab Tower to Bridge Cardinal in various formats for transferring to your GPS
- Telltales - A Guide to Sail Trimming and Steering - by Chris Wright - YOSC past Sailing Secretary
- Weather Forecast Form - The RYA/Royal Meteorological Society Met Map for taking down the Shipping Forecast and producing your own Synoptic Chart
- YOSC Quiz - Questions and Answers
John Weale - Past Commodore is keeping these pages up to date.
Please e-mail him with any comments to: email@example.com
Last updated: 18 January 2019